Wednesday, July 4, 2012

SGNote ICS Update: Beware of Battery Drainage

I have heard all over Internet that ICS Update for Samsung, whether it is for SGNote or SGS2 may cause further battery drainage. I can tell you know that on certain condition it is correct.

I have been using SGNote ICS 4.03 Update for awhile. First thing I noticed is that the multitasking went overboard. I consistently close apps by using ICS Task Manager manually, but it doesn't help. So I have installed Easy Task Killer at 15-minute apps killing interval. It helps a little. So I installed Trust Go Security for further apps killing and security, it helped with 4-hour interval. It did better, but to be safe I turned on System Power feature.

However, now I have found a new problem. The system sometimes freezes that the battery status from ICS failed to be updated. So, I have a choice of Rooting the SGNote to install Power On/Off Scheduler or find alternative method. So far I haven't found the right remedy. Rooting is not necessary the best solution since it might brick my SGNote if I set it up wrong. Plus, it void my warranty.

Anyway, I need advice or suggestion on this matter. Don't get me wrong. This battery power update failure doesn't happen often, only once in 2 or 3 weeks, but annoying nonetheless.

Oh yeah, here are the signs if your SGNote:
1. Data network failure. This means your battery has reached 20%, that is why ICS turned off data connectivity.

2. All apps go slower. That means the processor is working overtime and most likely power drainage is underway.

So there, I hope this one is helpful since you don't want your favorite phone suddenly goes off while the battery status said 60% but actually almost drained. I will update you for further development on the comment area of this article. Cheers

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. Just a small update:

    I stopped the Power Saving Mode usage since I have found a problem with it.

    1. Apparently, the mobile data connection became stopped at 30% or less, while my setting was 20%.

    2. Battery status stopped updating. When it happened, I can see the battery at say 60% and somehow the mobile data connection stopped. I cannot access Internet. When I restarted my SGNote, the true battery status get updated and it had reached 20% or less.

    Of course by stopping Power Saving mode meant that the phone tends to run out off power faster, but at least it runs in optimum capacity.

    If you happen to have another solution, fell free to let me know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete